Kinda sorta overdid it last night while celebrating a friend’s birthday. Think I might have sprained my cognitive muscles at some point not long after last call. So, in lieu of doing any heavy mental lifting myself, I instead suggest you check out the following (lots of good reads over @ Natalia’s place, too):
- Vanessa (who, like yours truly, is feeling nauseous from the ever-lurching path being traveled by the progressosphere) examines the apocalyptic anxiety that helped engender an overwhelming sense of apathy within many of us who were born in the mid-to-late 70s
- elle maps the division between Clinton and Obama supporters and tries to find understanding (and a renewed sense of common purpose) in the maelstrom of Democratic antipathy.
- Grace Nearing marks Friday, May 23, 2008 as the date “the official intensification of The Hounding” began
- Fern, JJ, April, Prole, Frank and pale all tackle the 2008 March for Life’s deja vu appropriation of the Canada wordmark
- Alison writes letters re: Canada’s ‘see no evil’ trade relationship with Colombia
- Sarah J takes a thoughtful (and thought-provoking) look at feminist slut-shaming
- Life is good for Bill Wolfrum–and we at bastard.logic couldn’t be happier