x-posted @ Comments From Left Field
Various tidbits from around the interwebs:
- William K. Wolfrum modestly outlines the US military’s new image-buffing promotional strategy intended to counter ongoing recruiting woes, the
dishonourable shillingunfair maligning of a certain-high-ranking-military-official-who-shall-remain-nameless and the delusional prospect of an open-ended US presence in Iraq. Related: what the PR surge was trying to draw attention from (conveniently released on a Friday, no less)
- SassyWho points toward the latest trend in contemporary strawfeminism: Frat House Stripper Poles. Borrowing liberally from myself in comments:
“I didn’t realize frat houses in Philly double as NOW’s campus chapter headquarters. I bet Phi Beta Kappa has a threadbare copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves on the communal bookshelf, nestled between The Game and back issues of Maxim. Because nothing says ‘consciousness raising’ like carefully examining the vag of some roofied freshman co-ed passed out in a pool of her own vomit.This article can be easily summed up in one simple headline:Fratboys: Still Sexist Dicks.Film @ fucking 11.”
- Bill Donohue can kiss my hairy, godless ass. To quote the great Patti Smith, “Jesus died for somebody’s sins, but not mine.” Kathy Griffin, you go, girl.
- The ever effervescent deBeauxOs compiles some choice posts by the brazen hussies @ Birth Pangs, possibly the funniest (and, IMO, most vital) blog dedicated to the subject of reproductive freedom EVAR. One of my personal favs: Pregnancy May Violate The Patriot Act.
- And, on a more serious note, Kai Chang pays hommage to one of my heroes, the fearless and defiant Afghan parliamentarian Malalai Joya. (Wiki page here.)
Happy Friday, kiddies!