Big time tip o’ the pork pie hat to the incomparable belledame222 for inspiring this round up of global feminism(s) on teh YouTubes:
- March 2007 Australian TV interview with embattled Afghan parliamentarian Malalai Joya.
- Everywoman profiles 4 ordinary Iraqi women musing on the dangers they face day-to-day in post-Saddam occupied Iraq (two parts).
- Stephen Lewis, outgoing UN Special Envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa, on the global AIDS crisis: “Gender inequality is driving the pandemic, and we will never subdue the gruesome force of AIDS until the rights of women become paramount in the struggle.” [from a speech made to the Closing Session of the XVI International AIDS Conference, August 2006].
- Skoll Foundation video profile of CAMFED, an NGO dedicated to supporting the education of girls and women in Africa.
- Controversial ex-pat Iranian communist-feminist activist Maryam Namazie on political Islam and what she contends is an inherent misogynistic contempt for women within the global movement.